Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Monday, June 10, 2013

Who wants to look like a drag queen? I do!!!

Make up!!!!!

Who said looking like a drag queen for stage was a bad idea? Cause if they did they were dead wrong. Drag make up is amazing. This is the whole reason why I need an actual drag queen as a friend so they can give me all the greatest tips and tricks for make up....well that and they are freaking fabulous.

I was saved during class from having to stand in front of everyone with my song playing last week, but it doesn't save me this week. Last week was all about make up and it's application for the stage. Cha Cha has this shit down!!! She showed us different ways to apply it and how to add glitter in a way that won't fall off while performing too. we also talked about where to get crazy colors from to use and cheap eye lashes.

Eye lashes are not my friend. She gave everyone a lash kit to practice putting them on and I sucked at it big time. I had one of the girls, Deviant Dahlia, helping me and I still sucked at it. This just means I get to practice, practice, practice. I also really need to start practicing putting on all this make up. But first I need to gather it all and build my arsenal of drag colors and layers.

I started the gathering on Friday with  five other girls from class. I took both my sons on this adventure. My youngest has no issue throw some popcorn his way and he is good. As for the 14 yr old step son I wasn't sure how much fun he would have, but surround a young guy with a ton of pretty girls and you are all good. He kept telling his cousin how he got to spend the day with hot burlesque dancers....let's just say my nephew wasn't happy he missed out. Anyway, we spent the time we were all together at the indoor swap meet here in Vegas wondering around and a good portion of it at a place called Dubery's filling our baskets with cheap ass make up that came in bright colors. We were like a bunch of kids in a candy store picking all the colors we could.  Over all I had a freaking blast hanging with the girls. I have to say it's a little weird hanging with girls cause I'm not used to it, but I am loving every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment