Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Shopping for supplies

Shopping for costumes parts is so much fun when either done in a group or just with one of your lovely stripper friends. I have spent time at the swapmeet in a group and spent a day with just one and it's never dull.

Last week Kiki and I went to Hobby Lobby. For those who may not know what Hobby Lobby is I will be happy to explain. So it is a store filled with random stuff for arts and crafts. All the way from home décor to making shit. Of course Kiki was warned I was bringing my clan with me. This included the little guy(who's always with me), the step son, nephew, and my mom. When we first showed up we ran into another local babe Banana Fosters. So this shows you that a place like this is our paradise.

Now Kiki also happens to be a professional dominatrix of sewing, I like this depiction for so many reason...it kind of makes me giggle reading it. Anyway, she is helping me make my costume fucking rock!!! Let me just say that after the first class when she said she was a seamstress professionally I was all up on that shit the next class. So far too I am the only one who took her seriously when she said she'd help with costumes. I can't sew for shit so  I was not going to pass the opportunity up to have a sexy seamstress help me out.

So I brought the base of my costume and we started looking for the things we needed to make this plain jane outfit into something FABULOUS (don't deny you just sang it in your head). My little old mom walked around with us happy to just be out of her house and my little guy sat happily in his seat while my two older ones acted like teenagers. Now I am an easy going mom and love my kids being them selves, but I did have to go into mom mode for a split second and yell at my step son for trying to get into the cart like his little brother, boys are weird. Kiki was all surprised and I just laughed about the sudden tone change.

While going through the isles we start looking at things we can take apart and turn into costume parts. She is freaking great about this. There were things she was taking off the shelf that I wouldn't have even thought of to use for burlesque purposes. The best part is standing in the middle of an isle looking at pieces of sparkly material and putting it up to our boobs asking which one would look best as a pasty. Even my step son wanted to put his two sense in on the one he thought was the best.

In the end we left with everything to make the costume fucking amazing!!!! I can't wait to see it going through its glittery transformation. And I can't wait to help with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment