Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Friday, June 21, 2013

Loving and caring community

First let me apologize life has gone crazy for me so my posts will be sporadic right now. But I never forget and love writing on this blog so I won't just leave it hanging out to never be posted on again, promise.


So recently I have been able to see the amazing gathering of sparkly hearts to take care of one another. We say we are a community and really we are a family and I am slowly learning that. I'm being given the chance to know these girls more and more every week and see their efforts through Facebook as well. We have a group page that is closed to those who are part of the community only so we don't  get spammers. It helps with shows who need people, keeping in touch, and learning from each other (I think). So it wasn't a big deal when one of the lovely ladies posted about one of the girls that hadn't been heard from in a while and within one day and lots of posts everyone was working to find her and make sure she was okay. Luckily she was fine she had just been working her ass off so she wasn't as social as she usually is. I was reading those posts like a stalker hoping she was okay and posted once hoping she was well. I don't know her yet, but have seen her at a couple of shows before so naturally I too was worried. Thank goodness she's fine!!

We did it again when several of us were getting friend requested by some guy who seemed to be fine for a little bit. It isn't unheard of to get friend requested by people you don't know. I have a few and they are either polite in posts or don't say anything at all so I don't mind the quiet creepers who want to say they know burlesque dancers in Vegas. This guy though was saying how he was a lingerie designer and how he wanted to design something for us. The next question was to send him a boob pic though. Now just because we are burlesque performers doesn't mean we just show our tits off to random weirdos. We respect ourselves more then most I think and for a person to have the balls to ask that of any of us is an ass hat. So one of the girls posted again in our group page looking out for all the burly babes and warning everyone what he was doing. Most of us so far have deleted this butthead (yes I said butthead) so he can't harass us anymore.

Now for me personally I have recently felt this when my hubs severed his Achilles tendon last Saturday while fencing. I posted about it briefly on my Facebook account and got immediate responses from several girls who know me and my hubs telling me to give them a shout if we needed anything. That's a great feeling and they know I would do the same for them. Even a local comedian we all know in the community even messaged me asking me how he was doing. These people are super freaking sweet and I am so lucky to have them in my life now.

You would think that since we are all in Las Vegas that the community in burlesque should be a large one, but it is actually a small one and we keep  a close eye out for our safety. It's an amazing thing to see and it's super awesome to see it growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment