Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My main inspiration

I think when it comes to a specific performer who inspires me I have finally found that one who does. She has been at the top of my list for a while, but it's hard to choose one when there are so many amazing people out there I can't help but adore.

This lovely vixen is non other then Dirty Martini. I feel she is the one who makes me feel like I can do this. She is amazingly beautiful and isn't a person who weighs under 130, I am not size shaming at all it's just hard to feel connected when we don't look similar. She rocks the stage and even has the guts to wear a merkin!!!!  I finally got to see her perform live during BHOF 2013 and was at the edge of my seat, all smiles, and in love. My hubs kept looking at me and chuckling, because I went wild screaming and clapping during her whole performance.

I have struggled with my size and shape pretty much my whole life. Being a girl who grew up in a dance studio where all the other girls were these tiny little things and I was considered the fat kid and then being an adult who couldn't get over those issues really put a damper on things for me. I just recently started feeling good about me again and then I saw her and loved everything she did, how great she looked on stage, and how much she loved her self.

How can you not be inspired by a woman who owns it and rocks it like a champ. She makes me realize I can too. I was going to wear a corset in order to cover my midsection and because of watching her over and over I feel good about me enough not to. She just makes me so happy when seeing her perform and I am hoping I can do the same as well.

Photo taken by Banana Fosters BHOF 2013
 
Just look at her isn't she the most fantastic thing you have ever seen?? I know another Vegas performer who is in love with her and feels she can't talk to her. I kinda feel the same and honestly I would probably stutter a lot if she ever spoke to me or in my general direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment