Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Friday, June 28, 2013

Coming Out in Burlesque

So being a burlesque performer not everyone has friends and family who would be okay with our crazy antics. for me it was never about my friends not accepting it was more about my family. My friends are crazy and love me for me, though some of them may not be interested in seeing any shows I'm in. That's okay in book they still love me and I love them. Now family on the other hand is a whole other matter.

Family so far that I went running to telling them I was becoming a burlesque performer were my Hubs (of course), my mom, sister, step son, nephew, niece, and my cousin.

Family I was avoiding my dad (hell no he's LDS), my other siblings (which there are 3 more) my mother in-law (she's crazy), my sister in-law, and my father in-law (he's a bit old school).

Now I was avoiding all the other family members because either I'm going to hell or they are an annoyance to deal with and don't want to deal with it. Unfortunately lately I have been dealing with coming out about it if I like it or not due to a dumb Facebook message I posted months ago on my Mom page. So First came my oldest sister and her husband. I had to explain it in a way that they understood and my father didn't since they thought it would be a good time to discuss it in front of him. Luckily my Dad is an old fart who doesn't hear well and ignores half the crazy that comes out of my mouth. Than this past weekend I had to deal with my sister in-law. She is a sweet woman, but Hubs and I aren't close with her and we like to keep our life to our selves. So I had to explain it to her on the way to the airport and how I was doing in it. She still didn't seem to understand it, but at least it's out their and they are a few less people I have to come out to in the future.

They only person I want to tell that I am worried about telling is my brother. We are 18 years apart and he is one of my favorite people. He lives in a super small town and is all about being a grandpa who loves sports and is a mailman. He also happens to be my Yogi and I his Booboo. So as you can tell I fucking love my brother though we are very different people. I'm supposed to go see him in August and hopefully he just does his usual and tells me what a weirdo I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment