Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Monday, June 3, 2013

The Course

I keep forgetting to write about the course. So we have had five classes so far out of the total 12 that we have. Seriously we only have twelve classes???? Why has this not sunk in till now. Shit!!!! I have so much to do still damn it. Thank goodness I am shopping this weekend for my costume. Choreography is almost done, but I have done nothing for my outfit yet accept talk about the damn thing.

To talk about the awesome that is my class for now. So the last five weeks have been an overload of information and homework. We even got one night with Miss Karla Joy teaching us a shit ton of movement. Cha Cha has it where we all have weekly homework and the only thing I am not up to par on is going to the museum. I will get to that before class is over though. Any hooser, We have talked a lot about concepts and following through with what we want to do and not doing things half ass. We have gone over costume basics, music, and a shit ton of other things as well. I love listening to the girls talk and seeing how comfortable we are all getting with each other.

 The personalities of the group are so much fun.  I have seen several of the girls at different shows over the last month and it has been so much fun. I'm starting to form personal relationships with these girls now...well several of the lovely ladies. We are helping each other in ways most of us need right now.

The one big thing that scares me though is starting next week we need to start doing this coming Wednesday is playing our music all the way through while either moving through it, standing, or dancing to it while the rest of the girls watch. SHIT!!!!! Really I have to start putting myself on display??? This scares the shit out of me cause people are judgmental and there are a few girls there that make me feel like the fat kid in dance. I have to remember though I have girls there that support me 100% melons and Lottie I know will help cheer me on just like I will them....and I think now Kiki and Chantana too.  I'm not gonna lie that shit scares the crap out of me big time. I know I'll get used to it but for this second I might crap my pants.


No comments:

Post a Comment