Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Friday, June 21, 2013

First time in front of the gang

So I thought, three weeks ago, we were going to start standing in front of our group and attempt to perform our choreography. If we didn't have choreography we needed to stand for the duration of our song. I know this sounds harsh,  but I understand why. Doesn't mean I liked the idea though.

Now on the way to class three weeks ago I was freaking the FUCK OUT. To the point of almost making myself sick. Luckily for me we did make up instead.

Since we didn't do it then guess what we had to do two weeks ago? That's right we had to do our choreography!!!!

Let me just say that I worked myself up so much, again, on the way to the studio that I almost threw up. Not a good sign for a used to be stage performer. I was so freaking nervous that my heart was pounding so hard I thought anyone could hear it. Standing in front of an audience is one thing, but your peers are completely different. I hate showing anything to peers, because when dancing as a kid it was brutal. I will admit I am a big baby about my performances due to my childhood in dance, I know.

So the time came when we were all sitting in our chairs and Cha Cha asked who wanted to go first. Have I mentioned that I hate going first, second, third, or fourth? Luckily I didn't get singled out to go first Kiki kindly volunteered to do that, which means I owe her big time. Right after her  though Cha Cha thought it would be good for this chick to get up and do her thing. My heart hit my throat and I got up in the base of my costume too.

Let me say that once my music came on and I started I felt damn good. It isn't finished and I am working on it now still, but it worked the way I wanted it too. I was so freaking excited after I was finished. I told Cha Cha a few eeks before that I was afraid she was going to say something and I would just break down in tears. I can happily say there were no tears. Cha Cha, Miss Karla Joy, and Veronica Derriere were very nice to me and gave great suggestions. Thank goodness, because I would have thrown up all over the floor or turned into a little girl running away crying. I was able to walk back to my chair like a grown up girl, Yay.

This week I plan on going shopping some more  in order to start getting the other parts put together. Lots of sparkles people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment