Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Wise words from a wise stripping lady

I've said it before that LouLou Roxy gives her fortune cookie advice at the end of class. Well last night she reviewed a few she has given before since we had a new girl join us.

1. Love yourself.
          Those are hard words to hear and actually follow for so many, including me. If you think         though that's what burlesque is all about. You take what you have and you display it for all to see. You can't enjoy doing this if you don't love yourself. I know I started off wanting to love myself and am finding that I am loving me finally after three years again. Burlesque allows so many to actually love themselves again.

2. Don't listen to comments on YouTube.
           This one I love, because no many how many times she says there is always the 14 yro kid from Belgium who shouldn't be making comments anyway.  The basis of the whole thing is that you are gonna get people who wanna be mean. Some are just mean people and others are underage and are being supervised so they feel they can say nasty things all over the Internet. And Lou Lou is right if we listened to all the nasty hate out there we would be dragged down and those stupid people would win. It kinda falls under love yourself again. With self love others dumb comments don't matter.

There was one more but unfortunately that fortune cookie has been lost for now. She really needs glittery glammed out fortune cookies for classes. Well if I get enough of her advice on here I might just do that. Yay for fun projects!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment