Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Research

So I have been reading a lot of  blog posts, books, websites, and watching movies. So far what I have read tells you to research as much as possible. Through everything I've done so far I agree. YouTube has become my best friend. I watch many of the local performers from Vegas and so many more from around the world. It's freaking amazing!!! I love Jo Weldon's book, and so far I have seen A wink and a smile along with Burley Q.

One movie gave a history of burlesque and the other gave journeys of new burlesque dancers. I got to see those who were great women who danced during the biggest times of burlesque. The other gave me a view of Seattle's burlesque scene and a small taste of what my journey is going to be. I need to find more movies to watch. These women that are out there doing amazing acts and those who have lived such hard lives going against the grain of society. For me this is liberation. I have never been a person to want to do what society says is okay and to find these amazing women who stand on their own and do things there way are idols in my eyes.

I love reading about all these great women who were out there in the world doing their thing and feeling great about it. It just makes me happy to see that I'm not the only one pushing boundaries and making life the way I see fit for me. Makes me proud to be me.

Now the only thing I really need to do is get to more shows dang it. Sometimes it's hard. We only have one care until next year so going to every show out there isn't always doable. For now I go to what I can and enjoy the heck out of them. Twisted cherry burlesque, live burlesque in Las Vegas, and the new nerdlesque are all I've seen so far. Well besides a few other shows here and there. Maybe this summer I can do more and maybe even try and help out at a few. I need to get out there!!!!!!!

I kinda sound like a stocker in my head....a burly stocker :p ( in super creepy voice)

No comments:

Post a Comment