Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Practice makes perfect

So I take a very basic class every Monday. It is the class so far that is getting me the most comfortable with feeling sexy and goofy all at the same time. The last two weeks we have been working a lot with faces. We all know its the one thing I am super uncomfortable with and feel that I look ridiculous doing. Lou Lou has a way with her students though. She has us making more ridiculous faces then trying to be super sexy. Being more of a goof helps me a shit ton!!! I see myself as a goof 90% of the time anyway so making those kinds of faces come more naturally. Mixed in though are a few cute looks, smiles, and pouts. Honestly I don't know how I would get used to this part if she weren't my teacher right now.

Faces are hard when you have lived most of your life feeling very unsexy. When you have felt so unsexy for so long trying to  gives those looks makes you feel like your trying and failing at them. Ladies and Gents this blog is a bare all so me talking about this super lame shit is the freaking truth. I am not positive about how other ladies feel inside when they start, but for me this all about confidence building and feeling great in my own skin. Just those damn faces....I'll get there one day soon where I love making them and I feel great doing them. As long as I keep having people like Lou Lou and Cha Cha around I think I'll be good.

Practice make perfect right!!! This reminds me I need to start writing down Lou Lou's fortune cookie advice she gives so I can post them. Each week at the end of class she gives advice about being a performer. Good shit too!! Things you don't think about as a noob and honestly should or it could scare you off in the end. Also she gives a bit of a confidence booster too. You know when you think about it it's like being a kid again and wanting a gold star for being good when you start something that is this far out of a normal comfort zone. At least until you are feeling good about you and then you give yourself gold stars instead in the version of showing peeps your boobs and making them shout!!

Hahaha....I make myself giggle sometimes :p

No comments:

Post a Comment