Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

First sewing class

So I took my first ever sewing class!!!!!!!!! I have never hand so wen anything before and I did it successfully. Let's just say in the past I was a fucking ass hat with a needle. But this past weekend I took a hand sewing class that was specifically geared toward making something just for burlesques reasons. I was taught with a few others by non other then my friend Sugar Shagmore.

Sugar happens to be a teacher and a performer so this bitch knows her business!!!

 
She took the time to show us what she had done and then began teaching us. Now I was the only fucking chic there who couldn't even sew a button on let alone covering a damn bra. I felt a little shitty when I first started out in the class, but over all by the end I felt accomplished.
 
Most of the other girls had brought fabric knowing what they wanted it for. I went to JoAnn's fabric that morning and picked out something that I thought was badass and it happened to be super nerdy.

That's right bitches I found awesome Start Trek themed fabric!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited in the kids section of the fabric store I didn't event bother thinking would this be good fabric to use. I just saw and said "Must Have It!" It isn't as easy to work with as I thought it would be and though it is more difficult to deal with because of the pattern and the fabric it is turning into an awesome bra. Now listen don't all going out looking for my fabric cause I want to do a ST themed number one day in the future and I don't want to hear how all the lovely bitches have the same damn thing.....just kidding I would feel as if I inspired you to be geeky and that would be an honor.

So we learned three types of stitches during class and the more difficult one seems to be my favorite one to work with. It is more time consuming but it's fun. I can't wait until it is fully done and I can randomly wear it around the house cause damn it I will and it will be fabulous.

This isn't a good pic but I had sown a good portion and I was super proud of me and sent pictures to Sugar of the whole process so she could see. I might have annoyed the shit out of her with all the pics I sent, but damn it I did it and she needed to see.

One cup down!!!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. I hate you for finding this before me, hence ruining my ability to do my own Star Trek number.
    But I love you for allowing me to know it's existence. I will allow you to win this round of nerdiness, but I am so going to Joanne's and getting myself some to make a rockin summer skirt out of!

    Also, you better invite me to your ST dance! :)

    ReplyDelete