Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Monday, March 10, 2014

ME DAMN IT

So recently I have gotten a bit of slack from a couple of directions about how I work when it comes to people. I will mainly take instances from convos I have had with my hubs but not all said is necessarily from him. So with that disclaimer out of the way I am ME!!!!!

I run with a very different moral compass then most in every aspect of my life. Lessons I now realize that were instilled in my by my tiny old woman when I was a young adult. So if you haven't seen me at a show yet or had the chance to be in a performance with me I am the boob grabbing, all smiles, happy to see ya kind of person. It is rare that I will not approach a person and chit chat or hug them. Actually when I'm more mellow I usually get asked if I'm sick.

I also try to stick with kindness. Being happy is a choice and even when I mention another performer in a negative light I don't want everyone basing their opinion off of me so I don't mention names on here or to others unless it is in a positive light. I have had many chances to call people out on this blog for behavior, but then I would be no better and frankly this is my chance to be a narcissist so this is about me not them, and my experiences. 

I am a forgiver. I don't like holding grudges against people and I don't hate others no matter how badly I have been hurt by them. This is a thing that baffles people constantly. I have had a few who just think I'm crazy for not being angry for an overly acceptable amount of time. I don't like being in a hole of negativity. I lived many years in a hole similar to that and I have made many efforts to not do that again. So being kind to others is what I do.

Being a friend. I have been told about this one more then once by every partner I have had in my life. They see that I will stop and run to anyone who needs my help in any way. I have been told that I am more of a friend to many who are not true friends to me. They use my help and assistance when they need it but when I need it they aren't around. This part has shown its self to be true many times in the past, but I have a feeling that if I called upon any of the glittery tribe I have most will help me. I don't personally lean on people for support, but it doesn't mean I can't be a supporter of others. Good deeds are best left as those and not wanting something from anyone I help. If they feel the need to assist me or help me when I need it makes it a special gift to me. And this has happened to me in moments of stress when I am performing or getting ready to, Anita Brasierre, ViVacious, Buttercup Delight, Kiki Delco, Cha Cha Velour, Lou Lou Roxy, and many others are all people who have helped me at some point. The list can go on and on so far when it comes to my performances. 

So as all this is said and out there now...I like being nice and happy. This life is too short to be angry and upset all the time. I want my life to be filled with good.

So glitter on bitches you are all awesome people!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment