Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A letter to a lady

This is something I've been thinking of for about two weeks now based off of my interactions with an amazing performer. She is a local Vegas performer that many might have seen around the world and I have been lucky enough to share a stage with her now three times. Oh yah and I got serious about this after seeing her in a panda suit. So here we go!!

Dear Kalani Kokonuts,

To many of us new comers you are one of many who are the untouchables. We get scared to talk to you and just see perfection when you enter the stage. Recently over the past few months I have been able to share a stage with you. The first time I couldn't even talk to you because I saw a burly superstar hanging out backstage prepping to do her performance. I was with a fellow performer after the show who wanted to meet you and talk to you so I tagged along. I stood amongst great performers I didn't know and just watched like the geeky girl around the popular kids in highschool uncomfortable but happy to be around. As weird and childish as it may seem you didn't even talk to me but bought me a drink anyway that night.

The second time was during the first show that marked Live Burlesque in Las Vegas' 4th year at Boomers Bar and was the first show of the year. I stood in the back of the room and watched you do your thing and appreciated every moment of art you brought to the stage. After the show that night I went up to tell you how great you were, and I stumbled over my words sounding like a numbskull. But you were soft spoken and very kind to me though you had no idea who I was.

I was privileged enough to perform again on Boomers stage and share it once again. You asked for assistance and I gave it to you and then you spoke to me about my costume. Like a child, AGAIN, I smiled and couldn't say much back. Also I'm sorry for touching your cat suit before you performed. Lesson learned don't touch super shiney cat suits cause they may have oil on them :-/. And after the show you were once again super kind to me and even took a pic with me not hesitating though it clearly appeared you needed to be heading out. 

Now this last time I saw you perform I was there with several friends and one just happens to be a dear friend of mine who also is a performer. You didn't do burlesque that night and instead you sang. You have a lovely voice by the way and were very entertaining. My friend and I after the show had commented about how human you appeared on stage and the humility you were showing while singing. Most of us have only ever seen you perform perfectly so to see you like that made you a bit more human to us and thankful that even someone like you can be nervous on the stages you perform on.

So after all of this blabbing I just want to say thank you. Thank you for being kind to me and bringing amazingness to the stage. Also thanks for posting shit on Instagram that prove you are like the rest of us, the Panda suit was awesome. Hopefully I will be able to have a normal conversation with you one day instead of getting overly excited.


I think I will do this more often to the people I love and respect. Glitter on Bitches!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment