Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Burlesque and Social Media

Who would have known how much social media would play in this new venture of mine. If you aren't a savvy person with internet and social media start learning now!!

It was a requirement in our class to create a social media page of some sorts. I had started the blog and then went on Facebook and made a page there as well. Then when realizing I could probably do more to help myself get out there I started a twitter page as well. I know many who have instagram, fan pages, and websites too. One day I will probably make a website when I actually have content to put up, but for now I think this is enough for little old me.

The hardest thing I realize about social media is that you get weirdos wanting to be your friends and trying so hard to creep you out. Luckily I have personally only been creeped out once. And hopefully I will be lucky enough to only have that one incident. But for many of my other burlesque friends and colleagues they have many incidents where people they don't know try hard to gain information of photos that are unacceptable. It's hard to figure out who is okay to have on our pages and  who is a horrible idea until they are there already.

For those of us who are new we are at the beginnings of our careers so we are trying to build our following. We would like it to be filled with those who love the art we bring to the stage and  those who are also part of the art through mcing, performance, variety acts and so on. But it seems you get a lot of those peeps who just like to creep up on half naked ladies. It makes me wonder if any of the boylesque dancers ever have similar problems on their pages as well. Well I know I am a bit of a stalker with Billy boy, but he is so damn pretty. Anyway, it is weird that creepers crawl out of the woodwork in order to freak us out.

Since creepers are unavoidable I will say this to all of them. Stop asking for pics and telling us what nasty things you would do to us. None of us find this to be a quality we want in a human being on our pages. For those of you quiet creepers who friend request us and then never say a word, but we all know probably stalk our pages daily thanks for being quiet. If you want to be a non threatening creeper don't tell us how you want to be our friend and one day actually see each other. None of us are looking for boyfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment