Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dixie Evens Week

This is such an amazing thing our community across the world is doing. When I first heard about it I was unsure what it was really about . But a hunting I went and found out that the woman that most would call, if not all of us, the Godmother of Burlesque needs our assistance. She was the woman who kept it alive when no one knew what it really was. She opened the museum and helped so many when burlesque started making its come back. Now she needs help from all those that can thank her for the revival. Half the shows in Las Vegas are going dark in honor of the fundraising show at the end of August. Across the nation and around the world will be doing fundraising shows to assist in the medical assistance she needs right now.

 It's pretty amazing to see how this community bands together to help the woman who has helped so many of us. We all have our Burlesque mothers, those who have helped us get into the scene as baby burlesquers and helped us learn. But if it weren't for Dixie keeping it alive none of us would have this gift of performance in our lives. So many women would not feel empowered by being the artists many have become and are becoming. She is a hero to so many without ever meeting or talking with any of them.

I will be at the Vegas one on the 31st to support this wonderful woman whom I will never know, but am so grateful for.

You should see if there is a show near you and go as well. I am sure it will be filled with amazing artists who have wonderful performances in store.

http://www.dixieevansweek.com/

Isn't community great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment