Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The premiere of Chastity Badcock

Sunday night was the most exhilarating time of my life. I watched my classmates shake theirs asses all over the place and strip like pros.   My throat was sore by the end of the night from all of the screaming I did. 

I had 13 close family and friends show up for this first performance of mine and I could not be luckier to have the support system that I have.  My husband and Amazon were there, my Mommy was too,  9 of the greatest friends I have including my best friend from high school, my sister was there and out of my friends 2 came from San Diego. I heard them all scream their heads off the whole time I was performing. Made me getting naked so much easier knowing those I love and hold so close were supporting me. 

 If you ever think of doing this take the time to make your vision exactly what you want. Meaning put the time to put your costume together right, practice until you think you can't and do more, get to know your song forwards and backwards, listen to your song until you get sick of it and then fall in love with it all over again. Also don't forget to have fun with it and keep a smile on your face. Don't allow yourself to over think it too much cause you have an amazing support group when it comes to Burlesque.

Now as for nine women I performed with and three great mentors. This is going to be long so I will happily say read it bitches!!' They deserve all of what I say here. 

First to our mentors

Cha Cha I've told you before you scared the crap out of me and made a few of us want to pee our pants when enforcing the rules. But I realize now in the end it was never truly you that scared me, but your professionalism. And it is now something I strive for myself daily. You work so hard and really all you want to do is help everyone become the best they can be. I feel so privileged to say I took your class and you gave us girls the ability to believe in our selves. I am forever grateful to you. 

Miss Karla Joy your mentors hip has been so much fun. You have so much to put into our brains and your wit is awesome. You have aided in my confidence. I'm so glad we had a chance to get to know you. And your puppy is so adorable.

Veronica for being so new to the scene you have been such a great help. You are a lot of fun to be around and I love all of your both poppin!!

Now for the nine ladies I had the privilege of getting to know

So I was going to do individual thanks to all of the ladies but I have realized this was much harder then I thought.

So to all you wonderful women who I have spent the last three months with you are so freaking wonderful!!!! Lottie and Melons thanks for being the first girls who accepted my weirdness first and making us the stripping trio. Kiki thanks for making the minimal costume I started with and making it the great costume it is now. And in that process becoming one of my close friends I can be a total wacko with. Chantana you are too sweet girlie and am so glad I get to call you a friend. Missy Miss thanks for being so willing to joke sound with me, I am proudly a dick now :P Classic Bitters thanks for also being a nerd. Geeking out during class with someone who gets it makes life that much sweeter. Deviant Dahlia you have made class a lot of fun with us giving each other shit all the time and you dealt with my waxing too.  Vivi Vegas you have been pretty quiet the whole time but you have always been supportive toward all of us and I can't wait to get to know you more. And let's not forget about Shea Michael thank you mama for reminding me we can always have fun and making my smile every class.

These ladies rocked the house Sunday night and I could not be prouder to say I was part of their group. The numbers were dazzling and the amount if time and effort put into costumes was great!!!

Sky's the limit!!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment