Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Friday, May 31, 2013

BHOF

So this post was originally going to be about my upset over not going to any of the shows or panels at The Burlesque Hall of Fame weekender. I was SOOO wrong!!!!!

So If you know anything about burlesque then you might have heard of the Burlesque Hall of fame Museum that originally started in the middle of the desert and then ended up in home sweet home Las Vegas!!!! It's located downtown and I have to admit it is one thing I have yet to go to....shhh I know what's wrong with me?  I'm getting there soon promise. I'm actually looking to volunteer this summer while I have time away from one of my kiddos since his mom is off. Maybe when I start doing more shit I'll also finally start posting pics as well....who knows.

So The Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekender is a four day event where you get to see a SHIT TON of amazing performers do their thing, take classes, go to panel discussions, and for those who are already performers see friends they may not have seen in a year. The tickets are pricey but from everything that I am told it is is freaking worth it. Now this year I wasn't able to afford a wrist band so at first I wasn't going to go at all. the other issue I have are two little monsters. Can't take those two anywhere together cause they like to make things a bit weird at times for others. Besides is it really a good idea to take two little boys to BHOF?? So my dreams were quickly crushed and during class Cha Cha asked who was going and almost no one spoke up including me...shit. That night I came home and started looking through the classes and found a panel on Saturday that I could take. Also there were tickets left for Sundays show!! 

Now, because I am such a chicken about going anywhere alone I was hesitant. Luckily I know some great gals. Taking one of my fambam with me on Saturday and then one of the girls from class wanted to go to a show. The other big thing for me was that when I started talking to my hubs about it he asked if he could go. I love that he is enjoying this with me. We have already decided that next year we are getting weekend passes and staying at the hotel for the weekend. He listens to me on a daily basis talk about some of these women so it's great he gets to see them with me.

So after all my pouting and being droopy I was able to figure it out. Hah... I love this amazing world I have entered. It's way better then fucking Disneyland any day...we get glitter and boobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment