Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What is my inspiration?

So in Jo Weldon's handbook and in Cha Cha's class inspiration has been a main topic. In the beginning I thought it was all about the movies I watched or just feeling better about myself. But through the classes I have started thinking of what my real inspiration is since I have fully engrossed myself into the community. Part of it is still my self esteem being boosted and Tim Curry my childhood love. Tim Curry in drag is a beautiful thing and I am noticing now that the boylesque performers who are more in drag then an average joy stripping make me feel great and strive a little harder at home practicing. I am also realizing that being a nerd will allow me to be the funny girl in my acts. The performers I have seen who are playful or do things slightly off in comparison to some of the more glam performers make me jump with joy and scream like no tomorrow.

So I guess for inspiration I would have to say All those performers who take them selves less serious in one way and are completely serious in another way. I know this may sound weird but  I am here to give examples. Last Saturday night was the monthly show that Cha Cha Velour produces. During this show I saw the fantastic Tito Bonito, Billy Boylesque, and Kira Von Sutra. These are just to name a few everyone in this show was beyond ridiculous and seeing the get naked was great. I name these three though because their acts showed the two sides I am talking about. Their choreography was so spot on and obviously well practiced, their costumes were out of control, and their facial expressions were hilarious from time to time. These three people recently inspired me to be me. I know I like begin nerdy and all but I like to also just have a lot of fun and I really want to look glamorous. If you haven't ever seen these people perform please hunt them down on the dang Internet.

 Billy Boy made me feel like a teenager with his frickin glam and sexiness while Tito made me feel glorious for being a geek and that Kira Von Sutra and her bat wings!!!!!!! No seriously she had purple large bat wings and this classic style corset and skirt on. She flipped off the audience made silly faces and swung these huge bat wings around and looked so fucking good doing it. No this is how idols are formed and as an audience member I want be their stage bitch anytime!! They were so great and gave me hope for being someone awesome in this world.

So inspiration is everything to me...no really. the art form that each performer brings out on stage, the glamour of it all, the comedy of it, the self esteem you get from it, and just the freaking fun you have doing it. If I were to say drag queens are a huge one for me. they look fucking hot all the time, they're comedic, and they know how to put on a show. That's it Drag Queens is the winner for me....for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment