Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Forms of popping Burly cherries

So there are ways to pop your cherry in the burlesque community. Now that I am officially part of it I understand some of them. One is being new to a show or performing for the first time. For me though there are so many other ways. Like being a part of a show through helping, talking to a performer, or getting comfortable as an audience member. these may not seem like steps to other people but for me these are huge steps. I have always been a very social person, but feeling at home in places that are new to me take time and like most I take baby steps. I am still in the new phase for myself and still feel very weird from time to time at these places.

...Rant Coming...

I am noticing that there are many people who come off as elitists, or just kinda mean. Now as for the elitists some of them in my mind have the right to be this way since they have paved the way for many and  still are while others make me just feel like I'm not good enough. this is a battle for me since I am insecure about who I am as a person from time to time. As for the mean ones this came as a shock the first time, which was recently, I dealt with one. I am not a mean person and I try very hard not to talk crap about others since I have had that a lot in my life about me. But when dealing with a mean person who didn't even know me I feel this should be put out there for others to realize mean never goes away for some. I understand that catty behavior is inevitable with a group that is dominated by women. Women have high hormones and we tend to get butt hurt way too easily. It doesn't mean though that it didn't come to me as a shock when it happened. I didn't even know the performer personally and really you should never treat an audience member like that especially if they frequent shows you are in. really what it has shown me is that I will have to work hard to not let others make me feel bad about me and to show others that nice is a better way to go.

...Sorry for the rant guys and dolls....

Now back to the cherry poppin. I popped my audience member cherry over two years ago. that was an amazing experience and got the wheels slowly turning for me. The getting comfy cherry took a while I always felt weird shouting out and getting into the performance, but now I will shout out like a crazed teenager at a Justin Bieber concert when those who work it like a mad sex machine on stage. Over the weekend two of the girls from my intensive course went to the monthly badass show put on by our teacher. It was their first show and they loved it. One girl was not so comfy shouting out though, but in time she will be a screaming machine too. the other cherry I'm getting ready to pop is being an usherette for the first time. I don't know the producer of any of the shows other then my teacher and unfortunately I am not at the right caliber yet to be a part of her awesome show. Maybe in a year or two I can make it happen. So here I go reaching out to people I don't know asking to assist when they have openings for it. I got my first gig and that was nerve wrecking waiting for a yes or no. But I am officially an usherette with my friend Melons Collie at the second show ever of Nerdlesque produced by Miss Penni Piper. I am feeling lucky for the opportunity she has given me in June. The last one is gonna be the hardest but at least I will be surrounded by awesome women and many friends. Then it's just about not stopping and loving the shows from a different view point.

No comments:

Post a Comment