Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Monday, August 26, 2013

Not your normal hobby

Most hobbies are all about the money put out and only the personal satisfaction you gain from it. My husbands is like that in a way. He spends tons of money on it and doesn't really show it off all that much, though he is amazing at it. I'll explain his in a little bit. Now mine is is all about the showing off. The more I am learning the more I realize it's an arts career. Most artists bust their ass showing their artwork and getting some to little return at times, but every once in while you hit the jackpot. You spend a lot of time as an artist creating your work with love and care then showing it hoping it receives good review from peers and audiences. 


So for those who haven't figured it out yet in my house being a geek or nerd are what we are all about. I said I would explain my hubs' hobby. So he plays table top games that involve small to somewhat large miniatures. He gets them unpainted and he has to paint them before he decides to use them in a game. The game he plays is called War Machine. It's beyond the focus I have but he loves it and his painting jobs are ridiculous. So now yah know how big our geek side is.



Being new to the art I'm still hesitant to take big chances and won't fully glam out yet either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment