Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Monday, August 26, 2013

Burlesque Festivals

Burlesque Festivals are no joke people!!!!!!

Now I know that many producers behind these festivals would not take inexperienced performers into their festivals, but you have to start seeing the sweet words of rejection sometime right? Now I am not saying this as if I think I suck so bad I can't get into a number, but I would rather be prepared for rejection and surprised by acceptance. Also my number now I don't really think is the right number for festivals, but again you have to start somewhere. This is also just my opinion though who knows what I have may be what someone wants I dunno.

So when finding a festival that sounds up your alley or fun be prepared. I had no idea what was to be expected in an application. First there is a fee, I knew that one. Then you have all your personal info, knew that too. They want your video and song as well. These were all the things I knew about. But then they want photos!!!!! Ahhhh shit peeps I have no head shots or photos that really show off my costume. I have the few from my first performance, but my second performance had hardly any. So I was stuck at this point then they want them from a server,and because I am a bit slow on the roll sometimes, when I saw this I was lost. Hello!!!!!!! Website!!!!! OMG I was embarrassed for myself after I figured it out. So here is something else I don't have. As you can see filling this application out wasn't going so well for me. 

I did it all anyway!! What I didn't have I didn't put on the application. So I don't think it's filled out correctly, but I had the courage to do it and that makes me super happy for myself. I have never been the one to take criticism well or rejection so doing this and knowing I will receive a letter by mid September that will probably tell me thank you but no thank you isn't bad but good. I will proudly display my rejection letter to everyone. 

So happy Monday bitches and have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment