Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Remembering your beginnings

So recently I had a friend over for our monthly I do laundry while she catches me up on her life. This is probably one of my favorite times to have because she is a no shit taker animated story teller. She was one of the people I met at the beginning of this crazy fun life I am living now. Of course we always start out by saying we have an hour or two of time to spend gabbing, but it never fails that we spend like six hours talking about everything under the sun. After catching up on normal life we began talking about our burlesque experiences and how some peoples attitudes change very quickly.

Now we are still a growing community that is going through growing pains since burlesque is just now getting stronger and stronger. Now the one thing my girlfriend is starting to see is that some people we now know have changed from the simple beginner performer into a person who believes they are now at a higher level than us because they have been performing now in a few shows. Even those who have been performing for a year seem to think that it's beneath them to hang with us noobs. 

Since I have started I have gotten to know a lot of people in the community, but still love the fresh blood that joins our growing group. I'm not saying this to sound better or worse I'm just a gabber and a supporter of all who love this art form. My friend was saying how people need to remember their beginnings and stay humble. I agree 100% because staying humble is the key. When you start seeming as if you aren't a part of a family but the ones who deserve to be above everyone else you begin to lose a following I think. I feel if I started acting like I was better than everyone else I would lose the support of those I adore. And in all reality why act this way. I am always told how friendly and open the world community of burlesque is and it should be that way in the smaller local communities as well. This only stays this way if we remember where we started and stay humble. 

I just found it interesting when a friend sits and tells how they are feeling about others in the community. And sometimes you only keep your compass pointing in the right direction by making sure you surround yourself by those who remind you to be humble.

I told you my wheels are always turning...

No comments:

Post a Comment