Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Monday, November 18, 2013

A way to avoid shitty ass bullshit

So after seeing people I have been around get super mad and almost want to fight about performer's possible steal of others material I have decided to be courteous and respectful to all those in the art form. So people don't want to work as hard as others and for some reason choose to show a lack of respect for fellow performers. It happens everywhere, shit go watch show girls and see how bitchy people can get over some kind of fame. It is inevitable most of the time and you can either choose to do well choreographed dance fighting over, throw drinks, or be a person who helps change the way things are done.

Let me put this out there I am a no body. I have one number and have been in two group numbers. that's it, but I have ambitions and want to do so much more. Since the act of cat fighting is out of the question for me, I'm more of a boob lover, and the fact that I am not in this to steal fame from anyone I wanted to go about doing things differently.

There are two songs that call to me and say be dirty and get naked every time I hear them.  One is the epic song Red Right Hand and the other I won't name because I have a special surprise for when that one is unveiled. But they both make me filled with glee and want to get naked when ever I hear them. So the steps I have taken thus far to ensure that I am not a person going with their heart and being damned for it later.

1. Listened to the songs over and over to ensure that they are truly songs I want to perform to.
2. Got on good ol' Google and researched the songs with the word burlesque attached to them.
3. Found others who performed to the same song.
4. Got on YouTube to see if what I had in mind was anything like theirs. Luckily for me my ideas are very different.
5. Went a looking for these lovelies on the Facebook.
6. Friend requested or like their pages
7. Sent them personal messages asking them their thoughts about me using a song they have performed to. One of these lovely ladies actually one in a BHOF competition once so I would not like to get cut over a fan of hers being angry at me over it.

This took me a whole 30 minutes of time to do. I haven't heard anything back yet but really people this shouldn't be that hard for anyone else to do. Why ride the feather tails of another burlesques performer when we all have our own talent to showcase. I have seen some crazy shit over the last several months and not a single person has a reason to want to steal something from another.

I may be a mama who bitches, curses, drinks, and is a booby molester but I was raised with some kind of manners that I haven't thrown to the wind.

When I hear from these lovely women I'll let everyone know what they say. Let's hope my point comes through with their responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment