Kind Warning

I just want to put this out there that I am not a critic just a girl finding her way in this new world of burlesque. I try to be gentle with my opinions and do really love all of the effort these women put into show productions. Along with all of the male and female performers out there I do respect all of you and look up to each and everyone of you. So please, if you happen to be one of these great people reading my blog and for some reason you don't like what I have written please talk with me so we can settle our differences if there are any. Thank You!!

Monday, September 30, 2013

Feeling like a teenage dancer all over again

So many may not know I grew up dancing. I was classically trained in ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary, and modern. I also did hip hop, belly dance, and a little of Irish step dancing. In my early 20's I competed in Scottish highland dance as well. 

Holy fuck that's a lot to tell. I never go into how much dance background I actually have with any performer because it makes me feel like I'm showing off. In reality I am far from that girl anymore. I rebelled in my late twenties and started tattooing myself instead. Where I came from I was the stocky short girl who never had the body type that was needed to be picked in an audition. So to say the least auditioning for anything makes me incredibly nervous. Now coming from my background I tend to get very serious in auditions, size up the competition and begin telling myself how I'm gonna fail. Yes my self confidence is in the hole I know.

Now to the real story.

A few weeks back I saw a post on the main group page for burlesque in Vegas about an audition for 4 performers to be reindeer in an Xmas show. First glance I got excited, than I began thinking so I was not about it, than a friend said she was going so I decided to do it as well. Being new I still doubt my abilities from time to time. Now if you know anything about me when I'm nervous I play with my bangs none stop....I mean I don't stop and by the end they are plastered to my forehead. So here I am in this audition and there is only one performer I am intimidated by so I focus hard on what im doing. 

The choreography was fun and the concept the choreographer has is really cute. So I do my best, with a bum ankle as well. And hope that I am one of those cute little reindeer. I did get to audition with some great people though so that part did end up being really fun. Now when I get home I explain to the hubs how if she goes for a look I'm probably not on that list. But if I did get picked and wasn't part of the look I would beg to have a gingerbread cookie in my mouth as we went on. I don't deny I'm a bigger girl I actually love me for once since I've started this journey so why not play on it? 

But low and behold I was not the only big girl picked....I'm actually a little disappointed I can't be the chubby girl eating food while dancing. 

So now I will be a stripping reindeer this December!!!!!

I guess all the dance my mom paid for all those years ago are finally paying off. Lucky for me she is proud she has a stripping daughter. I'll have to post a pic of that little old lady soon.

Journeying through a galaxy of rhinestones baby!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment